The city of Lebanon, named after the ancient Middle Eastern nation of Lebanon, was established in 1740 and has a population of over 25,000 people, as of the latest census. Lebanon is centrally located in the Lebanon Valley, and this city lies 26 miles east of the city of Harrisburg and 29 miles west of the city of Reading.
The world-famous Lebanon Bologna was first made here in the 19th century by the Pennsylvania Dutch of Lebanon County. Lebanon Bologna is a delicious type of cured, smoked, and fermented semidry sausage that has a distinct tangy flavor. Every New Year’s Eve, the city of Lebanon donates a 150-pound Lebanon Bologna that is encased in a metal frame and raised at midnight from a fire department ladder truck. What an incredible idea!
Past and Present of Historic Lebanon, PA
A friendly community atmosphere, historic past, and beautiful scenery make Lebanon a great place to call home, and one of the many wonderful things about this city is its glorious, historic churches—all of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places:
- Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church: Originally built in 1796, this church’s design was based on Colonial, Gothic, and Richardson Romanesque architecture.
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church: Built in 1880, the huge towers of the church stand out far in the distance, and the roof is covered in rows of blue and red slate.
- Tabor Reformed Church: Built in the late 1790’s, it is a two-and-a-half story limestone building that features a four-story stone tower with a spire, slate-covered gable roof.
Lebanon is also home to the Lebanon VA Medical Center (VAMC)—one of only 170 VA medical centers in the nation. VAMC has been in existence for over 70 years, and it is currently providing various types of care to 43,000 veterans. Lebanon, PA is quite proud of its efforts to take care of our nation’s heroes, and by honoring the past and moving towards a modern future, this city continues to evolve and thrive.
Trusted Lebanon Long Distance Movers Supporting Local Residents
O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has watched the Lebanon area grow into the beautiful, vibrant city it is today. Our long-distance movers in Lebanon, PA have support residents by offering the best in high-quality, affordable moving services. As an agent for Allied Van Lines, we’re proud to be a Lebanon long distance moving company that is part of a nationwide network of moving providers, allowing us to offer services that include:
- Interstate Movers: Moving to a new state is a major undertaking, but our skilled Lebanon interstate movers can provide start-to-finish service that makes the entire relocation a seamless process.
- International Relocation: When you are moving overseas, we have the global resources needed to ensure that every stage of your move is handled with professionalism and care.
- Corporate Relocation: Do you need to make a long-distance move due as part of a job? Our corporate relocation services can be customized to the requirements, budget, and timeline of your both employers and employees.
Get Started Today with a Free Quote for Long Distance Moving in Lebanon, PA
When it comes to Lebanon long distance moving companies, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has built a reputation for being a trusted local provider that offers comprehensive, guaranteed services. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about what we offer. Just give our Lebanon long distance movers a call or fill out our online form now, and we’ll get you started with a free quote and consultation.