Right in the heart of our Pottstown residential moving company's service area, the borough of Pottstown is located on the western edge of the very populous Montgomery County-perfectly located between the cities of Philadelphia and Reading. As with many towns in the eastern half of Pennsylvania, the railroad industry helped Pottstown grow and develop. The Philadelphia & Reading Railroad was extended to Pottstown in the early 1800’s as it chose strategic locations throughout eastern Pennsylvania.
While the railroad industry declined a long time ago, places like Pottstown became focal points for later transportation routes. The very busy U.S. Route 422 freeway runs through Pottstown, connecting Philadelphia with Reading, very similar to the railroads. Route 100 runs north and south through Pottstown, connecting Allentown to the north with West Chester to the south. In addition, Route’s 663 and 724 connect areas east and west of Pottstown-this multi-highway hub has led to much development in and around the Pottstown region.
The Evolution of Pottstown and Our Residential Moving Company
Ever since Pottstown’s founding in 1752, the convenient location of the community has helped it grow into a thriving borough with more than 22,000 residents, and O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has been there to serve its residents for generations. Since our founding as a one-truck operation in 1928, we’ve grown right along with the community to become a top choice for a Pottstown household moving company.
Whether you’re staying close to your hometown roots or making a move across the country, our Pottstown household moving company offers:
- Local Moving Support in and Around the Pottstown Area
- Long-Distance and Interstate Moving with Modern Vans & Equipment
- Seamless International Relocation Services for a Stress-Free Process
- Flexible Short- and Long-Term Household Storage Solutions in Secured Facilities
Your Trusted Local Household Movers in Pottstown, PA
Residents of Pottstown rely on our local household movers to stay in the area when moving. And why not – Pottstown is a wonderful place to call home and has lot of history to explore. One of the big attractions in Pottstown is its two historic districts and many historic buildings. In fact, the “Old Pottstown Historic District” consists of 956 buildings in a variety of architectural styles including Late Victorian, Gothic Revival, and Federal.
- Part of this historic district is the wondrous Charles W. Dickinson Transportation Center, formerly the Reading Railroad Pottstown Station. The Reading Railroad usually designed their stations using outside architects, but this incredible structure was designed in the Classic Revival style by the railroad’s engineering staff.
- The “High Street Historic District” encompasses 124 buildings that consist of late 19th and early 20th century mansions and stylish homes built between 1860 and 1941. These beautiful homes were built in various architectural styles, including Queen Anne, American Foursquare, Victorian Gothic, Late Federal, and Italianate. Part of the historic district includes the magnificent Grubb Mansion, built in 1906. This three-story brownstone building was done is Queen Anne style, has a nine-foot deep front porch, art glass windows, and an octagonal tower!
Whether you love Pottstown for the stunning local architecture, rich history, or family-friendly atmosphere, there are countless reasons to stay right here in the area when making your next move and O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is there for you every step of the way.
Our local moving services are designed around the unique needs of your home, budget, and timeline. From basic support to full-service relocations, our Pottstown residential movers offer the right solution to get you settled into your new home.
Professional Long-Distance Households Moving Services
No matter how much you might love the Pottstown area, there may be a time when you need to make a move across the state, or even across the country. When that day comes, the long distance household movers of O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has got you covered.
Our experienced Pottstown household movers offer start-to-finish support and a full selection of moving services customized to your needs. Whatever the size or scope of your move may be, you can rely on us to deliver benefits that include:
- Free, In-Home Estimates & Consultations
- Support of an Expert Move Coordinator
- Professional, Trained, Experienced Staff
- Partial, Full-Service, and Fragile-Only Packing
- Furniture Assembly and Disassembly
- Doorway/Floor Protection and Furniture Stretch-Wrapping
If your long-distance move has you heading overseas, O’Brien’s also offers international moving services. As an Allied Van Lines agent, we’re part of a global network of moving and storage experts in more than 135 countries. When you combine that with our in-depth experience and cost-effective pricing, our movers in Pottstown, PA are the top choice for your next international move.
Secured Storage Services for Your Pottstown Move
In addition to our comprehensive moving services, we also offer flexible storage solutions for local and long-distance moving. With 60,000 square feet of storage space, 24-hour security systems, and advanced fire protection, you can be confident that your belongings will remain safe and undamaged for as long as needed.
Get Started with a Free Quote for Pottstown Residential Moving Services!
You don’t want to trust your valuable belongings to just any local mover you deserve to work with a Pottstown moving company that offers the full-service support and superior customer service you deserve.
O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is the name you can trust for all of your local and long-distance moving needs in Pottstown all you have to do is contact us today to get the process started! Call now or fill out our online form with your details, and we’ll get you set up with a free, no-obligation cost estimate.